Monday, October 27, 2008

First Day of Work - Full Views

I ended up choosing East wall of the first room to begin work. The North wall already had a fabric piece started and there were several works in the second room as well.

I had done a net search for the term "Bronx" and downloaded about 280 images. I posted 8 1/2 x 11 pieces of paper showing them as a series of thumbnails. I had also downloaded hundreds of pages of text researching the Bronx and the West Farms area where the Bronx River Art Center is located.

I selected nine of those texts and printed them out, and hung them on the wall.

I also experimented with creating a comic about the neighborhood and about the experience of creating the exhibit. I posted a 13" x 19" example on the wall as well.

All that may well change as I continue to work.


No comments: